Australian Risk Services: The Safety Auditing Experts
Workplace safety auditing does more than just ensure compliance with the various acts and regulations governing occupational health and safety (OHS); it ensures that employees are kept healthy, injury-free and productive.
Australian Risk Services (ARS) has over 15 years experience providing strategic commercial risk management and safety auditing services to a diverse range of industries.
Minimising (OHS) risks in the workplace protects personnel and capital goods, and maximises productivity.
Independent, external safety auditing can thoroughly and systematically:
- Identify existing hazards
- Identify potential hazards before they have the chance to become dangerous
- Help in developing risk-reduction plans that can be practically implemented
From an organisational perspective, safety auditing is a crucial business process. Identification of hazards and the resulting planning:
- Reduces legal risk – you can avoid the costs and penalties associated with non-compliance, or worse, the issues resulting from the occurrence of an accident
- Is ethical – as employers, there is a moral obligation to keep workers safe and healthy as far as is practicable
- Maintains productivity – injured or ill workers are unable to be productive, and the downtime associated with accidents can be extremely costly
Although employees are most familiar with the layout and equipment used in their workplace, an independent viewpoint is important in order to ensure a truly comprehensive assessment.
By engaging a specialist from ARS you benefit from:
- An objective perspective, which is important in identifying all risks around the workplace
- Specialist knowledge and experience, which allows us to recognise hazards that you may not have identified as an OHS issue
- Specialist OHS expertise from a company that is dedicated to keeping up to date with the latest standards, legislation and programs
OHS risks are present in all work environments; from schools to mines, from retail to logistics.
ARS has provided safety auditing services for a diverse range of industries, including:
- Event Management
- Transport, Shipping and Logistics
- Chemical and General Waste Management
- Local Government
- Clothing Manufacture
- Food and Drink Production
We provide our diverse clients with services that include:
This pre-audit program identifies gaps in management systems and highlights areas that need improvement. This helps an organisation to meet Australian and international compliance standards.
Through this program, we review your organisation’s documents and observe workplace activities, which helps evaluate your current management system and observe workplace activities.
National Audit Tool (NAT) Audits for Self-Insured Organisations
This program is built around a set of national audit guidelines based on AS/NZS 4801. It defines the criteria that relevant regulators will use within their jurisdictions to assess OHS management systems of self-insurers.
The purpose of this audit is to help a workplace achieve certification as per the following Australian and international standards:
- AS/NZS 4801 – OHS Management System Compliance
- OHSAS 18001 – OHS Management System Compliance
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management System Compliance
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System Compliance
- Integrated Management System Compliance
Second Party Audits
This program is tailored to meet organisational requirements, such as audits for:
- Risk Profiling
This program is based on legislative compliance to assist with identifying, assessing and controlling workplace risks. It is designed to help lay the foundations for a systematic approach to managing Work Health and Safety (WHS).
Property and Risk Compliance
This program is designed to benchmark properties against risk and WHS parameters, while scoring the property for risk and compliance. The program assists owners, managers and supervisors involved in the management of facilities, buildings and other property, to demonstrate due diligence and achieve compliance through practical risk control recommendations.
If you’re looking for reliable external safety auditing firm, contact ARS today.